How to completely uninstall Avast antivirus?
Avast Antivirus is a popular security program that is installed in the device to protect it from virus / malware / spyware and other harmful entities. In some unexpected condition, few errors are encountered in the program which may crash down the system or corrupt the system files. In such situation, you have two options; either resolve the pertaining issue or completely uninstall Avast antivirus. Both of these options will need expert guidance. At our Antivirus helpline number, you will share your queries with our experts and they suggest you the best possible methods to rectify the error completely or the way to uninstall Avast antivirus from your machine. No matter, the antivirus is running on which version of Windows OS; Windows 7, 8, 10, XP, or Mac OS X, the methods we provide to remove the antivirus from your device is applicable to allwith a little bit difference in steps.
Methods to completely uninstall Avast antivirus
- Click on the "Start" button.
- Go to Control panel.
- Select the option "Uninstall or change a program"in the displayed control panel window.
- Choose "avast! Free Antivirus".
- Now, you will be prompted to the setup menu.
- Select "Uninstall" displayed at the bottom of the window.
- Click on the "Next" option.
- A warning is displayed on the screen "an attempt has been made to remove Avast".
- Confirm it.
- System will start uninstalling the software.
- Restart your computer. It will be ready to work in the Avast Antivirus free environment i.e. Uninstallation of Avast is finished.
- Download an uninstallation utility, avastclear.exe.
- Start Windows. Keep it in Safe Mode.
- Open avastclear.exe.
- If you do not save the installed Avast in the default folder, browse for the folder where it was saved.
- Click on the "REMOVE" button.
- Restart your PC.
- By getting administrator permissions, log into Windows.
- Before start downloading the Avast Uninstall Utility, make sure that there is no active program on your machine.
- Start downloading the avastclear.exe by clicking on the button "DOWNLOAD AVAST UNINSTALL UTILITY".
- After getting it finished, save it on the folder you want.
- Right click on the downloaded Avast Uninstall Utility.
- From the context menu, choose the option "Run as Administrator".
- A User Account Control window is displayed for permission.
- Choose the option "Yes".
- In case, if the Avast Antivirus Clear window gets appeared, choose the option "Yes".
- Restart Windows in safe mode.
- Find the location of your saved Avast program file.
- Click on the "Uninstall" option.
- Wait until the Avast Uninstall Utility will remove all files of the Avast Antivirus from your system.
- A confirmation dialog will appear.
- Click on the Restart Computer option.
- The uninstallation process get finished.
- Find Avast Antivirus in the Windows or Mac "Apps & Feature" option.
- Left click on it.
- An Avast Free Antivirus Setup will open.
- Click on the "Uninstall" button displayed below in orange color.
- Confirm the process of uninstallation by clicking on the "Yes" button.
- Once again, it will ask for the uninstallation of the Avast. Select the option "Uninstall Avast".
- Wait for sometime till the process of Avast antivirus uninstalling get finished.
- Restart your machine.
For detailed information: Call at the Avast Antivirus support number
If you find it hard to remove the security program from your device, reach us by dialing our Avast antivirus support number +1-877-917-4965. This is the helpline number of our tech support company at which our experts are available the entire day. So, freely call us anytime from anywhere, we feel happy to help our valued clients.
Download Best Top 10 Free Antivirus Software of 2018